Win $5,000 with the Science Everywhere Innovation Challenge!by Melissa Ballard
The Overdeck Family Foundation and the Simons Foundation just announced the launch of Science Everywhere, an initiative to catalyze math and science learning beyond school walls, in partnership with DonorsChoose.org. The foundations are providing nearly half a million dollars to match donations from the public to support creative, hands-on project ideas submitted by educators to the DonorsChoose.org platform. At the end of the challenge, a panel of judges led by astronaut Leland Melvin will award five $5,000 prizes to the best ideas.
There are several steps and requirements, so make sure to carefully read the challenge guidelines. Here’s an overview:
1. Find a public school teacher to partner with.
2. Propose an innovative science or math project that takes place outside of school hours.
3. Submit it to DonorsChoose.org ASAP.
4. Start fundraising!
5. Implement the project in your afterschool program.
6. Capture student impacts for a chance to win an additional $5,000.
Apply soon—donations will be matched only until funding runs out! Again, be sure to read the full set of submission guidelines here.