Lights On Afterschool events can take any form—you can find hundreds of ideas in our searchable events database! Get inspiration from other Lights On Afterschool celebrations and search by theme, event type, and difficulty. You can even look at what other programs in your region have done in previous years.
Here are some of the most popular ways people celebrate:
- Open House: Share your program's story by inviting your community to participate in a Day in the Life or special event at your program.
- Rally: Demonstrate at your state capitol, your city hall, or invite policymakers to your program site to honor afterschool champions and make connections with decision-makers.
- Talent Showcase: Put the talents of your students center stage and celebrate everything they are learning after school.
- Carnival/Festival: Set up interactive games, booths, snacks, and group activities like mural painting or a movie screening to create a special day at your program.
- Art Day: Download coloring pages and decorate your program with artwork from your students.
There are many more ideas in our Event Ideas Database. Or, explore some of our top themes for Lights On Afterschool events: