By Erin Murphy
The Research + Practice Collaboratory works to build relationships across research and practice by increasing collaboration between STEM educators and educational researchers. To support educators interested in building these connections, the R + P Collaboratory is offering a 2016 R+P travel fellowship of up to $2000, allowing afterschool and summer educators and researchers to attend a 2016 educational conference where they can meet and learn from other STEM educators and researchers.
Afterschool and summer educators may be interested in applying to attend any of the following conferences to meet other educators, engage in educational research, and explore communities of practice:
- American Educational Research Association (AERA) Conference: April 8-12, Washington, D.C.
- Association of Science-Technology Centers (ASTC) Annual Conference: Sept. 24-27, Tampa, FL
- National Association for Research in Science Teaching (NARST) Annual International Conference: April 14-17, Baltimore, MD
- National Science Teachers Association (NSTA) National Conference: March 31–April 3, Nashville, TN
- National Council of Teachers of Mathematics (NCTM) Annual Meeting and Exposition: April 13–16, San Francisco, CA
- International Society for Technology in Education (ISTE) Conference and Expo: June 26-29, Denver, CO
- National Council of Supervisors of Mathematics (NCSM) Annual Conference: April 11-13, Oakland/San Francisco, CA
- 2016 Council of State Science Supervisors (CSSS) National Conference: March 28-30, Nashville, TN
How to Apply:
Afterschool and summer learning educators, as well as researchers working in these fields, are all encouraged to apply. The application is due by Friday Feb. 12.
If you have questions about the application process contact the R + P Collaboratory at firstname.lastname@example.org