- How have you seen your afterschool program impact students over the course of your career?
- Have you seen your afterschool program impact parents and families as well as students?
- Do you have any data illustrating the impact of your program on your students? Talk about those results.
- Are there any particular students you can think of that experienced significant growth in the time they attended
your program? Share their stories.
In addition to answering these prompts yourself, encourage your students, parents, and alumni to share their
- What would you do after school if you couldn't come to this program?
- What's your favorite thing about your afterschool program?
- What's the coolest thing you've learned in your afterschool program?
- How has your afterschool experience helped you in school?
- How has your afterschool experience helped you get ready for your future career, or your path to college?
- Where would you send your kids after school if this program wasn't available?
- Have you noticed any positive changes in your child[ren] since they started attending their afterschool program?
- Are they doing better in school?
- Are they healthier or more active?
- Are they better behaved, or do they get along better with their classmates?
- Has your child's enrollment in an afterschool program helped you at work? Would your job be affected if the
program was no longer available?
- Is your child learning things or having experiences in their afterschool program that aren't available to them during
the school day? Do those experiences help them do better in school?
- What's your favorite memory from your time in your afterschool program?
- Have skills you learned in your afterschool program helped you in your career?
- Did your afterschool program help you on the path to college?
- Did you form important relationships (with friends, mentors, teachers, etc.) through your afterschool program?
Are you still in touch with those people?